The building dates from the period of the facing
"Stazione Porta Susa" (1856), while the Hotel started
its activities from 1889.
At that time Porta Susa was both a passengers and goods yard to
and from Milan and Aosta Valley: the Hotel's name perpetuates the
memory of that gainful period.
In this period the Dock & Milano was sumptously restructured
though it preserved its original Art-Nouveau print. It became one
of most fashionalble place in town for meeting and parties.
The leaflet beside comes from that shiny period for the Italian
Design: graphics and paging were so advanced and winning that its
recovery ad a base for the renewal of the Hotel communication design
was considered a must.
Because of the high costs
for the reconstruction, in 1946 the restaurant and the bar got new
divided managements at the same time the Dock Milano lost its "&"
and its fourth star.